There’s a crisis of mental health in our children’s schools and it’s getting worse!
7 reasons contributing to this epidemic are as follows:
1) An unsound, impractical and inadequate educational theory. It perpetuates much that is obsolete and ignores most of that which is vital in knowledge.
2) A vicious popular psychology of success. The young are constantly urged to force their way into lines of endeavour for which they are unsuited, merely for reasons of monetary gain. Progress cannot continue with money as a sole motive for effort.
3) Inadequate, prejudiced, ignorant and intolerant religious training. Narrow religious concepts so distort the ethical values that religion’s true work of character building is ignored.
4) Lack of understanding between young people and the older generation. Children receive detrimental training based on the example of unfairness set by their elders.
5) Non-representation in social and political life. Young people must grow up and live in other men’s worlds, with no right and no voice in the correction of flagrant evils of which they themselves are conscious.
6) Loss of resourcefulness. The educational theory destroys initiative, the social order discourages originality, and neither offers any security in the place of the qualities they kill out.
7) Loss of confidence in life, self and authority. This condition is greatly aggravated by unemployment and the impossibility of finding useful outlets for skill and knowledge acquired through schooling.
It has taken years to being about the present evil and it will take years to perfect a cure. The education of youth in the essential values of life and the release of their young minds from the abnormal complexes which grip this generation is the only way to prevent these social crises.
Young people are the most vulnerable element in the psychology of the American people. It will be easier to coordinate the mind of the people on this issue than on any other od the programs under consideration. No one can attack a young person’s right to life, liberty and happiness, without exposing his own intolerance and inhumanity.
Live and Learn. We All Do.
Thanks for stopping by. Please share 🙂
Please don’t forget to leave a comment.